The Quest for a Legend: Louis XIII de Remy Martin is a premium cognac and is named after the King of Bourbon, France, King Louis XIII. The cognac is manufactured using wine grapes from the Grande Champagne territory of Cognac, France. It is blended from 1200 eaux de vie, from 40 to 100 year-old. It is aged in tierçons (oak barrels that are several hundred years old) in its own cellar.
In celebration of its 140th year, Remy Martin starts the campaign for The Quest for a Legend – a search for the oldest and rarest bottle of Louis XIII in the world. Quite a search, if you ask me but it is quite possible since the cognac arrived on our shores back in 1881.
What does the winner get? The prize is a trip to the Remy Martin Estate in Cognac, France which includes:
- Two return Business Class air tickets.
- Two First Class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme.
- Car pick-up transfer to the Estate.
- A hosted lunch at the Estate.
- Guided Tour of the Estate grounds, cellars and distillery.
- A tasting of LOUIS XIII and Dinner.
- One night’s accommodation in the Cognac region of France.
Granted, the winner could probably afford to go to Cognac on their own but there is no price tag in being part of the history of Louis XIII. So, how does one join?
The Quest for A Legend
Quest for a Legend Mechanics:
- The quest began on February 3, 2015, and ends March 31, 2015.
- To enter the competition, participants must send photos of their unopened Louis XIII bottle via SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Remy Martin office. Entries can also be submitted online at www.louisxiii-cognac.com/questforalegend.
- You need to provide their full name, age, ID, contact information, nationality and details on how they obtained the bottle of Louis XIII.
- If you have more than one bottle, you can submit them.
- The LOUIS XIII Team will follow up with each submission individually.
- The winner will be chosen by an expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set criteria. If needed, the bottle will be carefully shipped and examined at the Cognac region of France, using various technological methods that will examine the age, color, composition of the liquid inside the bottle to determine its authenticity, without destroying or introducing contaminants.
- Remy Cointreau International reserves the right to make the final decision depending on circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must be the legal owner of the bottle.
- They should be citizens or residents of the participating countries in Southeast Asia, Middle East, and India.
- Must be 18 years and above, 25 years of age in India.
- They agree to absolve Louis XIII or Remy Cointreau International from any liability with regard to handling of the entry bottle.
- The bottle must be unopened, with at least 50% of original liquid (this will be verified by Remy Cointreau International and the House of Remy Martin).